Okay, it’s a day late, but since July ends tomorrow, I figure it’s not that big of a deal.
This was a great weekend, even if I didn’t get as much written as I’d hoped.
1) Write-in! Write-in weekends are always fun, and it was good to see some of the NaNo group, even if it was smaller than usual.
2) Pacific Rim! Giant mecha vs. giant aliens. It was everything I had hoped it would be and more. (A more coherent review is forthcoming.)
3) I actually figured out what’s going to happen between where I am and the end of the story. Like, ALL OF IT. Words cannot express how excited I am. Even though I’m probably not going to hit 30k, I know where I’m going, and that means I might actually be able to finish the draft before the end of August. YAY!
To the goal updates!
1) Camp NaNo! Write 30,000 words on the urban fantasy.
Word count goal for July 22: 29,032/30,000
My official word count: 23,305/30,000
Your unedited excerpt:
I filled up my truck and tried to avoid looking at anybody as I did so; I was pretty sure the look on my face would scare off children and the elderly at the very least. Then I joined the ranks of cars heading back to the front of the parking lot, where I could pick up Mick and Devan.
What was Lisa going to do next? I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel, trying to put myself in her shoes. Would she lay low during the day and make another stab at getting her reagents tonight? Or had she already gotten everything she’d need?
Or would she be walking out the front door of the grocery store, pushing a shopping cart full of bags of celery?
It took a full five seconds before the sight my eyes were sending to my brain actually registered properly.
I was not hallucinating. There was Lisa. Outside the grocery store. Shopping cart full of celery.
2) Complete upcoming posts for RRFS blog.
Both are done! One is already up, and the other is ready to go into the queue.
3) Read at least 2 books.
Actually finished a third this week: Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett.
4) Post to the BNC blog at least twice a week.
I think I got this every week except for last week, so mostly yay go me?