I have had two three-day weekends in a row. Words cannot express how much I’ve enjoyed this.
May’s #WriteMotivation is nearly over, but June’s will be starting up soon. If you’d like, you can sign up over at KT Hanna’s blog.
On to the final goal updates for the month.
1) Critique the stories I’ve been sent and get them back to their authors by deadlines.
All of the short pieces I’ve been sent have been returned to their authors, and I’m on chapter 4 of one of the novels. At this rate, I should have it finished well before the end of June deadline.
2) Read at least 4 books.
I finished that up this past week! Here’s the books I’ve read this month:
The Night Circus
The Fifth Elephant
I’ve also started two others, though I’m not sure I’ll finish either before the end of the month. But I hit my four. 🙂
3) Write at least two posts for a NEW blog project.
They’re written and now awaiting editing.
4) Start outlining 2008 NaNo Project, code name: SK.
4) Develop UF idea and start writing on it.
So here’s what I actually ended up doing this month:
1) Worldbuilding and character development for the urban fantasy idea.
2) Got about 2k into actually writing said urban fantasy idea…actually closer to 10k, if you could the two short stories I wrote that take place in the world, with the characters, but about a year-ish after the book takes place.
3) Reoutlined the beginning of TSB to fix a plot problem that at least three people (two agents and a CP) have remarked on. (Fortunately, this will not require significant rewriting…she said hopefully.)
4) Started outlining SK, which really means I started writing down what the villain’s plot is and what he’s planning on doing, so I can figure out exactly how that intersects with what the MCs learn and when.
And here’s one of my favorite bits I wrote this week, a conversation between the main character of the urban fantasy and his best friend:
She stared at me incredulously. “You can teleport? Then why were we running?”
I winced. “Because I didn’t know if I could port two people.”
There was a pause. I could practically hear the gears in Mick’s head turning. Then… “And what the hell would’ve happened if you couldn’t?”
“I was pretty sure! Besides, I could see where we were going.”
“Connor, did you just bet my life on pretty fucking sure?”
5) Cheer on everyone else!
And will continue to do so through the end of the month!
Holy cow, I accomplished a lot more than I thought I did this month. 🙂
How have you done so far this May? Ready to wrap it up and take June by the horns?